Join the IPT
Accreditation for organizations, training providers, and academic institutions.
View below the membership in addition to the application form.
A well-recognised and valued quality status for training providers.
IPT is recognised as the leading accreditation body for training courses in Psychotraumatology. We build strong collaborative relationships with our accredited course providers, institutions, universities, trauma professional local associations working together to network, share knowledge and develop the highest standards of professional practice.
Benefits of Training Accreditation
- gives external verification that your course meets stringent training, practice and quality assurance criteria
- improves recruitment of students and course staff
- free listing in our accredited courses directory, used by potential students to search for courses
- use of the IPT accredited course logo for advertising, publicity and information materials
- ongoing working relationship with IPT Professional Standards to ensure course continues to reflect highest practice standards
- IPT will issue a digital badge for steps or phases in Trauma Training and to complied students issue a final Psychotraumatologist certification.
Who is elegible
- Psychological Training Institutions, ONG’s, with demonstrable trauma focus.
- Academic Institutions with Psychotrauma Masters Degrees, Ph D, Certifications or Diploma.
- Research Based Training Programs in Trauma.
- EMDR Local Associations.
- Training Practitioners or Training Psychotherapists doing business as individuals with focus in Trauma Treatment or Trauma Models.
Accreditation is awarded for 5 years. To retain your accreditation for the full term, you’ll need to:
- maintain your IPT organisational membership
- comply with the Ethical Framework for the Trauma Professions
- continue to meet all criteria for the training accreditation scheme
- complete an annual monitoring report
- inform us of any proposed changes to the course or the organisation, before they are implemented (see below)
- abide by the course accreditation terms and conditions
If you do not meet these requirements, or if we uphold a professional conduct complaint against you, we may withdraw, suspend or impose conditions on your accreditation.
You must inform students immediately if your accredited status ends or is suspended.
Annual monitoring process
We’ll send you an annual monitoring report form every autumn. We’ll assess your report and provide feedback on any points that require consideration. We may also request further information which you must provide. We’ll also make any necessary updates to the accredited courses directory.
Renew your training accreditation
You’ll need to renew your course accreditation every five years. The process is similar to your original accreditation, so advanced planning and preparation will make your renewal application less time-consuming and more likely to be successful.
We’ll send you are renewal form and guidance on how to renew your accreditation six months before it expires.
If you are interested in apply send an email to our Accreditation Secretary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Country of Origin
Provide us some basic information about your training offering.
Afterthat you will receive a link to formally apply with a detailed application showing how your course meets a range of criteria, together with supporting evidence. The criteria include:
- admissions procedure
- teaching and learning
- client work, placements and supervision
- professional context
- student assessment
- course completion and evaluation
New applications are individually assessed by two professional assessors. If your application passes this stage, our assessment team will guide you to fulfill the process.
The process can take up to 3 to 6 weeks.